Life

As life happens there is always a need to talk about it. As I grew up...if you didn't talk about it, it didn't happen. That isn't how I work. I need to talk about it. I need to make things better...and I have a desire to just be happy. So, read if you want...I will be posting what is on my mind, what happens to me and about "Days As They Go By"

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

So, have I ever told you that I am the 7th child of 8? My mother had 8 children. The first four children are from her first husband. Joyce, Christina, Randall and Jack. Thier Dad is..was Randy. He passed away today. How do you explain to people that your sisters father is gone an you need to leave work?

Let's start with the fact that my father passed away a long time ago and he was never as much a part of the family as Randy. Randy had his moments and people had thier opinions...but he was always there. A steady pillar in our unsteady world. I guess we all look up to who we can. Even though he wasn't my father....he was. As my sister grew up so did he. He realized that he really did love his children and would do what he could to be a part of thier lives. Too bad my other siblings didn't see this. I appreciated his presence at so may family gatherings. There were times that had I been in his shoes, I am not sure that I would have made it....But, he swallowed his pride..and always attended family events. Of course he wasn't always a saint..there were moments that my family would have rather that his mother ate her young...and Grams didn't hesitate to say so. But overall in what we call life, I am proud to have known Randy and to have been his friend. I know that if I would have needed something and I would have called upon him, he would have helped me. Isn't that what we want eveyone to say about us after we pass on?

No comments:

Post a Comment